Friday, February 02, 2007

Limpbaugh :: Peace Prize?

Rush Limpbaugh

Somehow his name and the Nobel Peace Prize don't quite fit in the same sentence.   Unless you live in the Bizarro World of Bushji The Magnificunt.   After realizing this 'news' would be perfect for this page, I did a little digging to find some links.

Atrios at Eschaton has the low-down on the whole pill bottle.   As we see from the Official Site of the Peace Prize ::

Nomination to the Nobel Peace Prize is by invitation only. The Nobel Committee sends confidential forms to persons who are competent and qualified to nominate. The names of the nominees and other information about the nominations cannot be revealed until 50 years later.

Atrios links to First Draft who came by the letter of nomination which reads as follows ::

Dear Dr. Mjos:

Landmark Legal Foundation herewith submits the name of Rush Limbaugh as an unsolicited nomination for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize. We are offering this nomination for Mr. Limbaugh's nearly two decades of tireless efforts to promote liberty, equality and opportunity for all mankind, regardless of race, creed, economic stratum or national origin. We fervently believe that these are the only real cornerstones of just and lasting peace throughout the world.

Rush Limbaugh is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host in the United States and one of the most popular broadcasters in the world. His daily radio show is heard on more than 600 radio stations in the United States and around the world. For 18 years he has used his show to become the foremost advocate for freedom and democracy in the world today. Everyday he gives voice to the values of democratic governance, individual opportunity and the just, equal application of the rule of law -- and it is fitting the Nobel Committee recognize the power of these ideals to build a truly peaceful world for future generations.

Thank you for your thoughtful and serious consideration of this nomination. Should you require additional information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mark R. Levin

President

Rush is a member of the Board of Advisors to this fine outstanding WingNut Legal Foundation and as you can see with your own lying eyes it is not even a bonafide nomination.   Maybe we should start a write-in letter campaign...   Wingnuttery at it's best, folks...   snicker...

bookmarks ⇒ del.icio.us digg Reddit G yahoo

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps Mr. Levins' psychiatrist should up the gentleman's meds.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No worse than nominating Gore.

3:34 PM  
Blogger fc said...

Jenn... One of my favorite wingnuts... glad you stopped by and commented. Your input is a valued resource here at World Of WingNuts. You and dtodeen, para-ted, rev'jim and Dave Dragon are the inspirations for the creation of this venue for WingNuttery reaction to your fellow WingNuts, Big Time or Small...

Please feel free to stop by anytime...

Regards
- fc

2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why thanks.... I do so like reading your inane drivel. Work can be so stressfull and I need a laugh sometimes.

Sorry kiddies,you simply can't fit me in your neat little pigeonholes.

If I'm a wingnut, you are as well. "Wingnut is a political epithet for a person who holds tightly to beliefs that fall well outside the realm of accepted fact, usually due to ideological bias." LOL....
http://www.mtannoyances.com/?p=387

I like facts, they're nice. Try using them sometime and you'll find you enjoy them.

4:31 PM  
Blogger fc said...

Jenn.... Right now I fit in nicely with the 70% of the public that can see that your war criminal hero in the White House has lost his rabbits foot. Snake Oil Salesmen do that sometimes when they get out of their league...

I am impressed that you deal only with facts. That should make your return to the closet of 'kool-aid drinkers only' less painful to accept.

Regards
- fc

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate Kool-Aid, not into processed crap....I prefer natural juice, but thanks. Give my regards to Pitcher Man. You know him well.

I've always been a misfit....if you are implying that President Bush is somehow my "Hero", you are sadly mistaken. I like him, yes. I don't like much of his policy.

Unlike you, I get my info from a myriad of sources....and I certainly wouldn't call KOS and DU a source, but .. somehow I think you would.

As for the 70%.... I always get uncomfortable if I'm the "norm". I like to skate on the outside, think for myself.......not a lemming bone in my body. You?

11:09 PM  
Blogger fc said...

Jenn... don't like much of his policy

What a shock... Not killin' enough brown people for ya...? your KBR Halliburton stock not rising fast enough...? I know... He aint nuked Iran yet so you are pissed...

Funny how wingnuts are expressing a dislike for his policies now but when the killing was "New" and the "Shock and Awe" was still glowing in the corner of their eyes... They were tickled shitless... Bring It On!

Funny also how you just happen to mention the two most prolific progressive blog communities on the web. With hundreds of thousands of members, including me. Just kinda sticks in your craw that that many of us are online, active and watching... Damned Liberals...

I've never fit into any group other than the anti-war movement of the 60's and 70's... It's a hell of a note that history repeats itself with another unjust and illegal war and another president who thinks he is above the law to get me active once again...

Regards
- fc (your fellow maverick)

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he did this because Al Gore was nominated. Rush doesn't have a prayer.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home